Saturday, March 10, 2018

Synchronicity - A Spiritual Path

Related imageSynchronicity - a concept introduced by Swiss psychologist Carl Jung holds that events are "meaningful coincidences" if they occur with no casual relationship yet seem to be meaningfully related. What does that mean? 


When you experience separate events happening in your life and eventually they all flow into one river! For example, prior to my first trip to Hawaii last year, my flights were changed at the last minute. Just before I went to sleep I was receiving texts from the airline informing me my flight time had been pushed up by 4 hours! So that meant I would get just a couple of hours of sleep. I was upset and called the airline to confirm. Yep it was true. So I set my alarm and accepted the inevitable. I scrambled and grumbled the next morning!


Image result for palm tree emojiWhen I arrived in Kona, HI, I got to experience the bright afternoon air scented in ginger and jasmine blossoms. And I got to look into my son's eyes and see the light of happiness. My original flight had me arriving at night! Also, there were two more stops instead of just the one. I told my son and his girlfriend about the chaos the night before and they just nodded and said "Synchronicity" - it all happens for a reason and enjoy the result!

How do you get synchronicity to work in your life?

  • Think about what you want - Not obsession or unreality. Just lightly touch upon what you need. For instance, the other day I noticed my phone was running very slowly and out of memory. I thought about getting a new phone but it was not in the budget! One day later, I ran into someone who happened to work at a phone carrier down the road. She mentioned there was a promotion of "free phones" if you switch companies. And she was working that afternoon. Wow! I got the phone that day.
  • If it helps others, synchronicity works faster - When your thought helps another to achieve their goal, it travels at lightning speed! Last weekend I decided to go to a hosted luncheon on behalf of a new meetup group for Christian Singles. I almost did not go but decided I would to help promote the group. Later, I happen to win a door prize at the luncheon which was a large breakfast griddle - the kind you can flip a dozen pancakes at once! I mailed the griddle the next day to my son who happens to be starting an airbnb business with breakfast included.
  • Listen to the universe for messages - Be aware of messages or thoughts happening more than once. The source can be the universe, God or whatever is your belief! Lately, two different people have told me I should visit my son and his girlfriend in Hawaii this summer. I originally planned the visit during Christmas. But I am listening to my messages so I set my travel alerts for the summer.
  • Seize the opportunity when present - When an event occurs adding to your happiness or someone else's, accept it! Lately, I had been thinking about staying a couple of nights at the beach. I searched through numerous listings on airbnb but could not find the perfect one matching my budget or location. Then a week later my ex sister-in-law, who is also a good friend, offered me the opportunity to stay at her place which is one block from the beach. She had no idea I was looking! Of course I said "Yes".
*I want to credit my sources for this article: The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield, Rev. Bob Marshall at unityorlando.org and The Secret by Rhonda Byrne.


No comments:

Post a Comment